Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

This isn't an antique but perhaps you could still help

Customer Question

This isn't an antique but perhaps you could still help me find out about the artist and the value because I've had no luck finding anything and the store where purchased has closed. I have a Southwestern-style dining set with a 40" x 74" table and six upholstered chairs. The table has eight horses carved into it, four on each long side. The middle has a stylized carved Zia symbol and the table legs are carved as well. The chairs are also carved. The table is signed "K. Koch 12/93" so I presume the dining set is from 1993. I don't know what kind of wood it is. I will attach pictures.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

I am unable to find a match for this item. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Where and when did you purchase it? That will help me narrow down a locality, possibly.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I should've included that info in the first place! It was purchased in Albuquerque NM in 1996 or 1997.

Thanks.

This was clearly a local custom furniture designer at the time, but alas, over the past 25 years this maker has been lost to history. I've checked every source I can with no results.

I can certainly appraise the set, at retail or resale, based on like kind and quality, if you wish, but information on "K. Koch" or any southwestern Koch in furniture design, doesn't seem to be out there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for trying!