twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser & Author
Experience:  25 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting; President of Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have an old Barber pole, I believe it's a 1940 Koken

Customer Question

I have an old Barber pole
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I believe it's a 1940 Koken barber pole
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is in excellent condition and still works
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.

Please post a clear picture of your barber pole.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not understand how to send u pictures
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wouldn't it make more sense if I could send them on here??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried to send a picture 3 times already
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Serial number186

I have your pictures. Please give me a few moments to do some research, and I'll get back to you in a few moments

Can you read the model number or name on the label?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where it says model number there is no number
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No number
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ans it's "William Marvy company" serail #186

Thanks!

Based on the use of a postal zone number in the company's address, your barber pole was made between 1943 and 1963.

If it is in excellent condition. both operationally and cosmetically, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $1,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $400, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.