Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Who is the Dutch 1920s painter using the monogram CP f.

Customer Question

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

Please send a photo of the initialed signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

Kind regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Photos attached I think

Thank you for the photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should return within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

I have searched all my resources for Dutch painters with initials "C.P."

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 months ago.

Hello Katharine,

I am going to try to find an answer for you.I'll be doing some research and will get back to you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. I bought the colored pencil (or pastel?) on paper in Amsterdam in about 2000. I think that it is 1920-1935 more or less. After not finding much, I tried, instead of CP f. (CP fecit or made this,) to interpret the monogram as CC f.. Thad gave me Cezar Domela who looks similar but his signature is very different (all caps underlined.) Also his style, although similar, is different. So, good luck! Katharine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
forgive me. I meant CD f. aand not CC f.

I am so sorry, Katharine, but I can find nothing under those initials. I'm going to Opt Out and throw your question open to the other Experts. I hope someone can help you.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please unsubscribe me and refund my Pay Pal account.