Tim in Appraisals
Tim in Appraisals, Fine Art Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

Moon Sun Angel watercolor Please can you tell us anything

Customer Question

Moon Sun Angel watercolorPlease can you tell us anything about the art, the artist, and its value? Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 5 months ago.

Happy 4th, my name is***** is a pleasure to work on this question with you.

I have the images you posted, let us see what we can discover.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Tim. Have you discovered anything in the last week?

Sorry for the delay. I have been working through the various artists with the last name of Llewellyn.

Your artist is:

LLEWELLYN Lydia (UK/Antigua). Lydia's humorous paintings of tropical fish commonly found around Antigua's coast proved to be immediately popular when they first appeared in 1996. Her reputation for producing expressive colorful works spread quickly as they were included in Group Exhibitions at Antigua Art Society's Annual Exhibition Antigua Nov 95 & 96 and the Annual Antigua Artists Exhibition Harmony Hall Antigua Nov 97 & 98. That popularity lead to her releasing a series of delightful framed prints in 99 and Island Arts Galleries, who have carried her paintings for several years, are pleased to be hosting her first solo exhibition..... at the Aiton Place Gallery in November 99.

At this point in time her work has not entered the mainstream art market. There is only one record of a work by the artist on the secondary market and it was rather low. $15.00 this sold on ebay in the UK.

So at this point she is a emerging rather than an established artist.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you sure it is not Sue Llewelyn?

Yes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, wrong answer. My friend has a letter from Sue Llewellyn, with an included bio, that came with the art. Now that you know the artist, please can you provide an appraisal?