LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a chinese carved ivory tusk weighed 11lbs 65 cm gh on

Customer Question

HEY i have a chinese carved ivory tusk weighed 11lbs 65 cm high on a stone base signed
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i am a surgeon was with my father i taiwann when bought early 70s or maybe macau we thought it was fake as kids when he died i got and its real; for reall
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: its well carved intricate base has chinese mark
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of this piece for review please. click on file upload and follow the prompts. i look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok

Hello thank you for the photos. This is Quan Yin Goddess of compassion and mercy. Holding a lotus flower. It is said she watches the world to protect and holds compassion for all that enter the home she stands in. From the carving and intricate detailing this was done in the 1950s and has a value of 2***-**-****.00.

The characters on the bottom are the artist carver and I can not translate the characters. I have not been able to match them to a known carver of ivory. This is not uncommon as many carvers did these statues and street artists carved also.

Very nice statue. This would be hard to sell in today's market with the demand for pieces as this down and the economy poor.

If you wish to insure the Quan Yin (kwan yin)the insurance value for this statue would be 4200.00.

If i can help you further please let me know, I am always happy to help you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance to you on this piece.I am always happy to help.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site.

Thank you :

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:

1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all question.