Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have been itching that is 8.5 x 8.625" in size. I

Customer Question

I have been itching that is 8.5 x 8.625" in size. I would like more information about who the artist might be for this itching, the approximate date it may have been done, and country of origin. It is signed and numbered, although I am unsure of the artist signature. My sense is it's Art Deco/Art Nouveau. Period. Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry my spell-correct changed what I dictated to you! Itching should have been "etching."
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.
I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.
Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.

If another professional enters our exchanges, feel free to tell them that you are working with me if you wish.

Let me see if I can find the artist.

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you an art expert?

I have assessed many questions about art, even including a full certified written appraisal of a Whistler painting for the IRS.

I have several specialties, including art.

I have some of the latest, best reference books on artists.

Do you want me to proceed?

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Proceed.

Thank you for the information and photos.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

My search may take two hours. The signature is difficult as you know.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

If another professional enters our exchanges, please feel free to tell them you are working with me, if you wish.

I have spent over two hours comparing style to various artists' and going through possible names online and in my reference books. I have run into a brick wall.

Unfortunately, I cannot find an accurate answer for your question. I will release your question so that all the other professionals can choose to answer you with accuracy.
I want you to have the best answer possible. Releasing your question is called "opting-out." I will not be able to respond to you once I opt-out.
I am very sorry.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Please send more images of the signature from different angles.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Certainly

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm at a concert right now..will send photos tonight or tomorrow morning. So now you have two of my questions to answer--my vase and my etching...
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Enjoy the concert, however I will have to opt-out at this time.

If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora