Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have an Indian blanket from Minn that is 80 plus years

Customer Question

I have an Indian blanket from Minn that is 80 plus years old. It is probably Chippewa because it is from the Mill Lac area.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you get the picture?
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Yes, there is an image attached that is showing here on this end, however I am not finding definitive comparables that can show that this is Chippewa Mill Lac.

Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

The coloration of this blanket appears to be quite contemporary. That bright blue was not typical prior to the mid to late 20th century. How do you know the age?