rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser

A set of Hutschenreuther Selb vintage dinner ware. Gold

Customer Question

A set of Hutschenreuther Selb vintage dinner ware. Gold scalloped rim, 8 dinner plates, 2 covered serving dishes, 1 10" serving bowl, 2 serving platters, gravy boat, 6-6" dishes
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: All are in good condition, no cracks or chips, usual wear on the gold trim. My grandmothers wedding dishes.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

On today's auction market, expect to garner a high of $450 - $700 at auction for your Hutschenreuther Selb German porcelain china set. You can, however, ask any price you please on an item you own, the key factor is finding a buyer at your asking price.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Expert:  rarewares replied 4 months ago.

A service for 8 plus serving pieces from this maker has an estimated value of $1000.00 to $1200.00.

This brand is one of the few that has a held up in value.

The pattern sounds like the Sylvia or the Revere pattern (same value) , produced from the 1940's to 1960's.

It was available with or without the gold trim.

Do click the stars after you have read this answer.

I am following up to see if you have read your answer and need further help with this item.
Please do let me know.