Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have another piece I'd love to have appraised. But

Customer Question

I have another piece I'd love to have appraised. But even the 2nd method you gave me isn't working...ugh ok, perhaps it takes a minute...this is a ring given to me by my great aunt. It's silver...hast he 925 stamp and a makers mark of cl. Any thoughts?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning Sherri

Hope you are doing well,

Please keep in mind if another expert answers behind me and you are happy with my answer, please make sure to click the rating for me! It may appear confusing since their answer would come in to your email after mine does.

Is this a CZ in the ring? Marquis cut and is that small channel set Cz's to the side?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was really hoping that you could tell. I just don't have any other information about the ring.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't find the makers mark of cl anywhere. That may be the clue to this ring.

Hello Sherri

I could not find that maker either. Normally if a ring like this is a real diamond they are in 14kt Gold.

But that is not always the case either. The Karats will make a big difference in the value. You really need to take this to a jewelry store, they will be able to look at this and tell you if this diamond is real or a CZ they can tell you by looking at it with a loop. THere is really no way to know by seeing it online or what karat it is.

If you get it looked at you can come back tell me what they said, I can then look it up for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ms. Glenda B. I did not get the stars to rate you with. You are absolutely a 5-star to me. I appreciate all of your efforts. Thank you for your time.

I did not do this as an answer because I did not give you a value for your ring, and I did not think it was right to do that since I did not give you what you were wanting.

When you find out what it is, just come back to this question and I can give you some ideas where to sell it.