Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have 2 daggers/swords/knives both from the 17th

Customer Question

I have 2 daggers/swords/knives both from the 17th Century. The small one measures approximately 9 1/2" long in the sheath and outside of the sheath 8" long. The sheath is in a wooden and silver sheath. It is also carved near the handle. The longer one measures approximately 15" long in the sheath and outside the 14 1/4" long. It is in a completely wooden sheath. I know the time period for a fact (I have the actual appraisal from 1987). I just want to know exactly what these are, and what the replacement value, as well as what the auction resell value would be.

Please see the pictures here:

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 months ago.

These need to be looked at in person by an Appraiser who specializes in 17th Century Weapons

I would be happy to help you with a list of appraisers if you like?