Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

My husband has a stamp collection that he is considering

Customer Question

My husband has a stamp collection that he is considering selling. He said that some of the stamps are 30-50 years old. he is looking to possibily sell it if he can find some one that can give an appraisal of the collection.
wondering if you could help point us in the right direction or even consideration for a roadshow in Bismarck North Dakota.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rusufdavi replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Thank you for making your question to JustAnswer. My name is*****'m an Antiques Expert and I will try to help you with your particular inquiry. Please, don't hesitate to contact me any time or to make follow up questions if needed.

In Bismarck North Dakota there is only a verified dealers that can help you with the stamp collection:

Antique & Coin Exchange
722 Kirkwood Mall, Bismarck, ND 58504
7-0-1-2-2-2-8-8-5-9

"Antique & Coin Exchange" is specialized in both antique coins and stamps.

I would recommend to give them a call and see if they appraise the collection. Once you have the appraisal value, I would recommend to sell the collection on the internet so you can reach more potential buyers. You can also sell the lot locally, Craigslist is free, and a lot of collectors look at the ads on Craiglist.

Keep in mind if you sell the unit to a resell shop, the price will decrease 20-30% from market value.

You can sell the item on Etsy, it's like you put the item in a online shop. You may also check Amazon Market Place. Both places have good reputation, and you can easily sell the items for a good price.

Let me know if I can help you any further, otherwise, please, remember to rate my answer!

Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.

In general, stamps have a re-sale value of an average of 30 cents to $1.00 each depending on the stamp. It may cost you more for a formal appraisal of the stamp collection than the value of the collection itself, nor does Roadshow look over stamp collections in detail at the events. To start, this would be a good reference site: http://www.stamp-collecting-resource.com/stamp-values.html

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora