Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have an old safe that I inherited. It's at least 60 years

Customer Question

I have an old safe that I inherited. It's at least 60 years old, light green in color, double doors and about 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide. It has a plate at the top that says Underwriters Laboratories Inspected Safe No 5586 class A Fire Class A Burglary. Can you identify it? I'm interested in the history, weight, and value. I have pictures that I can share also.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Can you also upload a photo of the label?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's the only label I could find.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to find a match for this without the manufacturer. The model doesn't currently exist, so to find it I'd need to know the manufacturer to search the archives.

Perhaps another appraiser will be able to help. I'll opt out. You won't be charged again and don't need to do anything.

Jennifer