ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

Chelsea 2400 hr US NAVY 30672E, CLOCK MOVEMENT#821927, 6.5",

Customer Question

Chelsea 2400 hr US NAVY 30672E, CLOCK MOVEMENT#821927, 6.5", black face, black bakelite case #***** I'd there a way to determine: how old it is, what ship it is from, how to decipher the serial number is ***** is for engine room????? Runs great, glass is perfect, original key.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. According to the Chelsea Clock serial number off the movement the clock was made between 1975 - 1979. 786,289-827,760 To find out which ship this clock was commissioned to you would have to get access to the Navy contracts with Chelsea Clock Co.. The value of these clocks range from good body & running condition $375.00 to excellent body & running condition $600.00. Most of all the Navy ship clocks have had the E next to the serial number on the face and doesn't mean engine room it is a run number used by Chelsea & the Navy contracts. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mike.... You did not tell me anything I did not already know! How about telling me how to check navy contracts?

Hi, I believe the records of the Navy contracts isn't public record I will opt out and let another expert try to help you further. Thanks Mike