LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

An 1854 Double Eagle Tribute Proof coin; weighs 1 oz., brass

Customer Question

an 1854 Double Eagle Tribute Proof coin; weighs 1 oz., brass with 100ml pure silver layered in 10 mil pure gold
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it is authenticated by Nicholas J. Bruyer ,director First Federal, L.L.C.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: My father bought these and other coins for his children; it is in a plastic case, within a box. It has a certification from the San Francisco Mint, with a certificate of authenticity, and is numbered 22304. I have several of these. I
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: wish to know the value of items I am leaving for my children and grandchildren when I pass away, and thank you for your assistance.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the coin and any marks, labels, paperwork.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 5 months ago.
Please allow to research this and post back my complwte evaluation with current value. Thank you