LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I recently inherited an old pinball machine. I am wondering

Customer Question

I recently inherited an old pinball machine. I am wondering about how much it is worth and about how much I could expect it to sell for. The pinball machine has been in storage for years (not sure exactly how many). Whomever placed it into storage took care to first remove the legs and separate the body and the top before placing in storage. This person also left a hand written note with info about the pinball machine on it. I did not attempt to reassemble as I did not want to damage it in any way. If I learn that this pinball machine is of some value, I will pay to have somebody professionally reassemble and get into working order. I do have a few pictures and can take more if needed. I noted in person that there is a very small amount of paint flaking on the top portion. Also, I could see that one of the bands of a bumper is drooping and rather loose. Below is what I already know about this pinball machine. Much Appreciated!D. Gottlieb & Co
Ligntning Ball
Serial No18845 (I think..hard to read)
1959 (I believe)
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 6 months ago.
I have answered this one already.
Wayne Neyens and ***** ***** again teamed up to create this pretty late-‘50s pin withan animated back glass. 950 units were made. The play field has two gobble holes, whichaward 100,000 points for each rollover completed. If all six rollovers are made, a replayis awarded and the gobble holes are special holes. The main feature of the game isadvancing the lightning ball back glass spelling. Each time you make the three colors onthe play field via rebound rubber or rollovers, the unit advances one step. If you are skillfulenough to complete the lightning ball spell out, a replay is awarded, and each time youmake the three colors to advance the letter, another replay is added. It’s not an easy taskto complete. There’s always beating the game by scoring or matching. This game wassomewhat retro as it has back glass light scoring, since Gottlieb already used reel scoring. In full working order the value is 2900-3200.00 with an insurance value of 4000.00 for this pinball machine.If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.