Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Expert
Experience:  Bachelor of Arts Degree (summa cum laude); 10+ years exp.

I am sending pictures in if possible.

Customer Question

I am sending pictures in for appraisal if possible.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.
Hi and thanks for choosing us. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help..Do they have any marks on them? Thanks,Diana
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There one tiny chip on the adult
Holding the baby is that what you're asking?
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.
Hi. That was what I needed it. Thank you. If you'll give me a little bit of time, I'll get all my info together for you.Thank you again.l~Diana
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.
On your stand, is the vase permanently attached or can you take if off the stand?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is permanently attached. Thanks
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.
You're very welcome. Thanks for getting back with me..Both of your two sculptures were produced by Austin Productions. Austin was started in Brooklyn in 1952. They started originally as a museum reproduction company before branching out and producing their own pieces by hired artists. Austin no longer exists, but you can still find a few sites that sell the last bit of their stock..Your statue with the mother and child is called Generations. It was designed by Austin artist Kathy Kline in the early 1970s. It will have a little bit lower value because of the tiny chip, but it won't be too bad. It's not very noticeable. It should be worth about $75 to $100..The larger female statue was designed by Alice Heath. She was known for the fantasy and victorian style pieces she created for Austin. Yours is from the Romance and Fantasy collection from the 1990s. It's a more rare piece from the collection and it's worth about $150 to $175..Your plant stand is a very unique piece. It's an art nouveau design. It is a two tiered plant stand with a center vase with gilt adornments. The idea of an attached center vase goes all the way back to the Victorian era. Many of those would have marble inserts. More modern pieces tend to use glass instead of marble. The stand itself looks like gilt, but it should be wrought iron that's been painted. It's a gorgeous piece. Ordinary style with ornate scroll work like yours can sell for a few hundred dollars easily. For a two-tiered stand with an ornate center vase like that should be worth about $500 to $650..Prices will vary a bit depending on the condition of your items and where you try to sell them. Online markets (like Ebay) and garage sales do tend to go for far less that value..Etsy and Amazon are turning about to be a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores, but they generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey, but they do get the "higher" paying customers. Etsy would be great for what you have.. and are pretty good up and coming online sites..You might check out the consignment cost with any local antique shops. Some places charge about 25% to 30% of final sell price, but in dealing local you generally have less competition. It's always worth checking out..Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves...Another option I thought of for you is facebook if you have a facebook account. A lot of people have set up yardsale or sale groups for their town where people can arrange to buy or sell items. We have a yardsale community facebook page in my town and people are constantly listing items for sale. It might be worth checking out. That can be a nice free way to list your items..Just make sure that if you do meet up with someone to sell your items (whether it's using facebook, or using craigslist or some other way) that you do not meet someone alone. It's best to avoid having someone come to your house. It's always best to meet someplace very public and to have another person with you. A police station parking lot is actually a really great place to set up a meeting..If I can be of any further help or if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to contact me..I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales..Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me... I look forward to working with you again...Have a great evening.~Diana