Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a round face pendulum wall clock (app 360cm wide).

Customer Question

I have a round face pendulum wall clock (app 360cm wide). 70cm Pendulum case tapers to a point and glass wooden edged panel sets in for removal to wind pendulum.
Name on face is Hergo & Co inner paper sheets with with instructions shows Hergo & Co (F. J. Bright)*****Brisbane. The face has 1-12 in arabic figures on the metal face nailed to wooden base. I obtained this in 1971 from the Qld Dept of Primary Industries, when electric clocks were fitted in rooms. In copperplate pencil is written on the face "Ag and Stock" and on the back of the clock "Ag and Stock Room 311" ...the dept was called ag&stock from 1904-1963. I have the glass face cover, with ?copper? Surround but hinge has given way..spot welding repair needed. The glass window over pendulum has wooden surround and little round knob which is held by slip latch from base. I have the pendulum, which has a roughened metal finish..like it has been liquid and the cooled) and key.
The (simple) movement shows Made In England with an 81 underneath
This clock has been cleaned and has kept excellent time since I acquired it, in all its travels throughout Australia. I live in rural Wedtern Australia.
I have tried to find it under Herga,,,Bright,,etc but no luck.
Look forward to your news
Cheers
Kerrie **********
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 7 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.I'll need to see an overall photo, and some shots of the various markings and labels.Photo upload instructions can be found here:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are as several photos Thanks Kerrie