rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser

How do I go about getting an autograph authenticated?

Customer Question

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the autograph.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey there. I don't have a photo right now, but it's a signed self portrait of Andy Warhol.
He did several self-portraits as giclee prints with green, blue or purple backgrounds then signed them in black sharpie pen, circa 1964 to 80's.The average value of these (without seeing it) are $800 to $1000.00.You can still add photos of your piece if that is not what you have.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the photo that's signed. I'll try to get the actual photo of it today
Great, thanks.This is his self-portrait offset lithograph on silver coated paper done in 1966.He did this in a limited edition of 300, so look for numbers in pencil outside the margins.