Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a GE hassock fan floor circulator from circa 50's, model

Customer Question

I have a GE hassock fan floor circulator from circa 50's, model CAT F11F2. I need to know how to take it apart so I can clean it. It is gray in color and 3 speed (110-120V 60cy, 11.0v 50cy, 2.5A No 3. Any help would be appreciated, it was my grandmothers. Thank you Norma
And do you have any idea of value, runs good, just doesn't look so good now. Need to shine the metal and polish plastic. It has one small crack on the top.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
Hi Norma
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.
The best way to clean these floor fans is using a vacuum cleaner or by blowing compressed air into it to help dislodge any dust, etc.If you do need to disassemble the fan, then you will need to remove all of the screws holding the protective surround in place.these were a great fan in their day, very efficient and reliable, however I am surprised that the motor is still going in it - over time, the motor will wear out. As a value guide, you could expect to get between $10-50 depending on its condition.Pete.