Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer: I have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a collectible Gund Bear
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: This is the ceramic Gund "Stitch" Bear im refering to. I havent been to find another one like it anywhere online and i cant even find a thread one on the subject matter i have. The ceramic bear has a white bear holding baby blocks! There are 4 blocks the bear is holding, that are supposed to spell BABY that i have learned. But on the one that i have it spells BAAY. It appears to me that this maybe in fact a manufa turing error of some sort. If you could please help me qith this as i have exhausted all my resources.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: How rare is this, is my main question and is it common or uncommon?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 6 months ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.I'll need to see an overall photo, and a close-up of the baby block area. Do you need photo upload instructions?Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I added pictures
Thank you, I"ll get back to you shortly.Jennifer
I'm unable to locate anything, so I'll opt out. The question will become open to other appraisers. You don't need to do anything or pay any more fees.Sincerely,Jennifer
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Is this marked on the underside? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes its marked stitch by Gund
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have seen others online but none with the mispelling
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the mark on the underside. ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here ya go
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would it be safe to say that this could very well be a very rare and valuable piece considering we cant find ankther one!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ive even called the company directly and left messages but nobody ever returns my call so im guessing that they .ight be a little embarrassed persay
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure but would really love to know if this could be the one! Everyday i search and dig to find treasures and my fingers are definately crossed on this. Looking forward to hearing the good news