Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser
67223111

I need appraisesal on an velvet soviet union banner which hung

Customer Question

I need appraisesal on an velvet soviet union banner which hung at senate chambers at kremlin from 1920. Till 1990 item is about 4 1/2' x 5 1/2' is this insured until work is done. Then would you assist in selling it. I have not contacted anyone cause I want to make sure it sells right
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Can you post a photo of this?1.Click the paperclip icon2.Click the Browse icon3.Click the Browse button4.Select your file and click Open5.Click OK6.Click Insert7.Click Save Changes on this pagehttp://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Images was sent May 5. Waiting for update.
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,There were several of these made in different configurations.Almost all of the flags made to order the government or large companies,factories,plants etc. This flag made in last century in the USSR (Soviet Union). Heavy double and all inscriptions on russian language are embroidered. On the first side with a portrait of Lenin inscription(reverce): "Пролетарии всех стран соединяйтесь!"="Proletarians of all countries unite!""Под знаменем Марксизма-Ленинизма, под руководством Комунистичекой партии-вперед, к победе комунизма"="Under bunner of Marcsizm-Leninizm,Under the leadership of the kommunist party.These are selling for $200-400 at auction. There is one on Amazon for $7500 but they are crazy. Here is one that I found on eBay that is like yours. http://www.ebay.ph/itm/RARE-HUGE-Soviet-ORIGINAL-FLAG-BANNER-LENIN-velvet-winner-competition-socialist-/272221965510?hash=item3f61b18cc6:g:QYEAAOSwxvxW7IkYThank you for patience.Wayne
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This particular flag/banner hung in the senate chambers at the kremlin for around 70yrs therefore I assume it's historic value to exceed that of a brand new item in a box.
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,The one that I used as an example is not new in a box, it is a real vintage piece. I just wanted to show you that your flag-banner is not unique. I agree that your banner is worth more because of where it hung. It may sell for $1000-2000 if you can prove that this is the one that hung in the Senate. Some documentation such as a letter on official stationary, photos, etc. would be needed to achieve a higher than market price.Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Many thanks mr Wayne...I saw this item get removed by bayonet, you are very correct, without being able to prove it hung where I saw it come down and plus the fact today it is illegal to own such an item then thank you for your time and we will work on other items in the future......Felipe .....
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My pleasure. Please take time to rate my service.Thanks again,Wayne