Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a James Milton Sessions watercolor painting, matted

Customer Question

I have a James Milton Sessions watercolor painting, matted and framed under glass..
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Watercolor; James Milton Sessions, I believe the name of the painting is "Driving Homeward to Gloucester" something like that...Original/Reproduction: Original Size Type/Largest Dimension: approximately 25.5 X 35.5 Inches
Listed By: Seller Date of Creation: 1950-1969
Signed?: Signed Region of Origin: US
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: I haven't taken it out of the frame, the back is sealed and there is a label with a New York framing company.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature area so that I can get visual clues to whether this is a print or an original. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add photos then I can complete my answer, thanks!