Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

Any art appraisers? David Neal "Chapel at Westminster" and

Customer Question

any art appraisers? David Neal "Chapel at Westminster" and Randaninni "The Cardinal Giving His Orders" Both were originally owned by the Cummings Estate and then the Gould Estate when my grandfather purchased them at auction in 1939, I believe. In their original gold gilded frames. Neal's is an oil and Randaninni's is water colors. Once in the Encyclopedia Britanica, my father told me, I believe it was Neal's. Any idea the values?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me.I need a bit more information.Please send me photos of your paintings.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Then I need the sizes, not including the frames. Do not remove from the frames. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Doris, nice to meet you. Thank-you for answering. I have pictures, but not in this new pc. I do not have my printer,fax,scanner with me. I do have a picture I can take with my phone and mail it to myself to get it in here. My father gave me the approx. measurements before he passed. I only have the Neal painting picture since that is the one I was to inherit. Now my father wanted me to have both, but it will be a battle with the brother that thought he was to inherit it. He didn't get the new will finished before he passed early, even at 92 1/2 yrs.. Give me some time please to try and at least get the Neal painting in the pc. I am just thinking it should work, never tried it.
I am so sorry for your difficulties with your brother.There is no hurry here. Send information about the paintings when you have time.You can estimate size of the Randanini. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank-you Doris. I need to finish my 2014 taxes. All other years done. Long story. I will get back to you tomorrow. I tried looking quickly for the folder with all the info and can't put my hands on it at the moment. Thank-you for your understanding! Ciao ***** ***** Jennifer
Jennifer. Understood.