Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I have a small painting that I love, but can't read the signature

Customer Question

I have a small painting that I love, but can't read the signature , it reminds me of something I have seen before but can't remember where. I is modern of a church with some figures of people with black lines throughout . can I send a picture ?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the signature isn't clear, is there some way to send a picture of the art?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Appraiser before I connect you two?
Customer: no that is all
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.