Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

My friend asked me to research a doll that she dug out

Customer Question

Hi - My friend asked me to research a doll that she dug out of her backyard. Remember how people buried their trash? I'm assuming this doll my have been in this type of pile. She is about 4 inches tall. The closest I've come to identify her is she resembles a kewpie, but has bigger ears and no hair on top. When I touch her with clicking my nail, it sounds like a ceramic or some sort of composite or bisque. Some of her color is worn off. I'm attaching pic's for your review
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She does still have dirt on her. She was afraid to clean her because her color was coming off.
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,I wanted to let you know I researched this figurine (it's a figurine, not a doll), with no success.It's open to other appraisers, so hopefully someone else will find a match.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jennifer - I wanted to let you know that by you telling me it's a figurine and not a doll, I was able to find one like her on eBay. She's a 1970's Vintage "I Wuv You" Orange Fur Hair Figurine / Doll. Marked Berries, Hong Kong on the bottom. In the eBay picture she has a wild color hair and in the front it reads I WUV You. Thanks for the information that help lead me in the right direction. You can close this appraisal!Thanks,Claire
Glad I was able to help in some way!Jennifer