Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Rarewares, my membership was canceled by the company for

Customer Question

Rarewares, my membership was canceled by the company for asking too many questions. I have to use this coupon until April 15th (which I think is ridiculous) which is when my membership will reinstated when they bill me again for the $48. They asked me to ask 2 or 3 questions in one question post. So if you can, I will start with the value of these cast iron objects. I will have to send more than one photo so I need you to answer back so I can attach photos. One is a set of fireplace andirons with a long hook that pivots, another is an iron with the number 6 on it, two others are 2 piece casts of a pig and a dachshund.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
I will have to opt-out. I do not know cast iron well enough to do that many objects at once, risking that I would not know one and have to opt-out after working on all of the others. I do hope you understand. Another expert will answer and will be able to see our conversation and your pictures.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks so much for your honesty and help. I appreciate it.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. The photos of the andirons and pig have come through. On the pig may I see the screw side of the pig? I want to see the end showing on the screw. The pig looks to be a bank and from the 1910-1920s period. I need to see the screw to be certain on age. Then I can value the pig. The andirons - what are the measurements and does the pivot go all the way around or half way? I look forward to helping you.