Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Nobody has been able to give me any idea as to what I have.

Customer Question

Nobody has been able to give me any idea as to what I have. It was on my in-laws wall in 1967. It was made in Italy. Sculpture made to look like a picture, with frame. It is about 20' x 36. weighs about 37 pounds. Has a gay theme, that looks Greek, but could be Roman. I wonder how much it would cost to ship it to US. I certainly think it was sculptured, as I can not see how it could be mass produced.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the piece and of the back or any signatures or labels so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will not be able to try and send picture to after 9PM central tonight or tomorrow. Any other ideas?
This service works more like email , so there is no time limit here. You are welcome to add pictures later.
Expert:  Robert Magnuson replied 7 months ago.
Are you asking how much this item would cost to be shipped to the US? Or are you asking for an appraisal of the piece itself? You are correct, if the piece was hand sculpted then it not have been mass produced. Is this piece 20 feet by 36 feet or is it 20 inches by 36 inches? It was made in Italy you say? Was there something that brought you to this conclusion? Maybe a tag or a story from a relative or something of that matter? I would more than happy to help you. Little more information would be great. Material its made out of, the material the frames made out of (brass, wood, etc.) things like that would be important to add.