Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I just acquired metal roll top desk, similar question, i was

Customer Question

I just acquired metal roll top desk, similar question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was told came from bank, mid 30's, it is heavy (>300lbs) configured 3 drawers left side, 3 drawers right, the middle drawer controls the locking on left side, the ones I've seen on line are what i have, it has a number of trays, some locking in arrangement under the roll top
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 6 months ago.

Hi. Thank you for requesting me. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

Does the desk have any names or marks on it? Do you have any pictures you can upload?

If you're able, here's a few different methods of how can send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
Here's another way that works really well:
Go to
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
If those don't work you can email them.
Email the pictures to *****@******.***

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

That should do it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
desk is now in warehouse, I can't get there till thurs/friday
Expert:  Diana F. replied 6 months ago.

There's no rush. Take your time. =)