rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have an original oil painting f raffaelli" over the e.

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting f raffaelli " over the e. Approximate framed size 7"x6". Frame adds approximately 2-3 inches on length and width. I'm curious about the time frame , approximate age and value? Thank you
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to try and help.

.

Do you have a close up photo of the signature that you can upload?

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.

Email the pictures to***@******.***

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

.
That should do it.

.
Thanks,

Diana

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I attached a photo of the signature to my question
Expert:  Diana F. replied 8 months ago.

Hi. I'm sorry, but from what I can see only 1 picture was uploaded. It's a picture of the entire painting, but it's not a close up of the signature.

~Diana

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm attaching 2 photos here
Expert:  Diana F. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you. Let me take a look and I'll see what I can put together for you.

~Diana

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How long will it take I was told an 8 minute wait it's now been 47 minutes. If not soon I will cancel the request and challenge any charge on my credit card.
Expert:  Diana F. replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry but it takes time to do research. It also a holiday weekend so we have less people working this weekend. Also, we have different experts of different specialties working at different times. We are not employees of the site, but merely come here to help customers. I'm not sure where or who told you 8 minutes, but generally that refers to an answer every 8 minutes for the whole site. It takes time to do proper research and provide an ethical and honest answer. I do not and will not rush a proper answer. That's not fair to you and I will not sacrifice my reputation for that.

I'm sorry that you feel that you've waited too long, but at this point, I no longer feel comfortable helping you because I feel you'll take your frustration out on me. I will opt out and hopefully another expert will give you a faster answer.

~Diana

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cancel this question and do not charge me I am definitely not 100% satisfied.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cancel this request and reverse charges on my credit card I am not 100% satisfied. I want confirmation you received this.
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

This is a modern piece, made within the past 30 years or so, with a fake signature of the artist Jean Francois Raffaelli (1850-1924). His signature was always JF not just F and there are several other incongruities with the signature. In addition, the style and quality does not match the artist (see photos that I have attached) . This piece has a current value of $150 to $160.00 as a modern painting.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I saw your reply my only need is for you to reverse the additional $38.00 charge on my credit card. I agreed to pay $38.00. I was charged $33.00 and $5.00 Now I see a second $38.00 unathorized charge on my card. Please reverse immediately!

I use this site just like you do and I have no connection to your account or billing details. The rating is for the expert only.

There should be a customer support link at the bottom of your page and you can contact them about your account.