rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser

Nora, I'm looking age and value of this framed picture.

Customer Question

Hi Nora, I'm looking for the age and value of this framed picture. I believe it to be by William Sartain. The glass is antique and wavy. I believe the picture to be an etching. It measures (framed) roughly 38x30". It is called "The Welcome Guest".

https:[email protected]/shares/3d4jJf

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.

This is an etching titled The Welcome Guest by William Sartain, a New York artist that lived from (1843-1924). The Sartain family were known printmakers that created etchings of known paintings. This piece was published by a few different New York and Philadelphia publishing companies (Bradley and Co,Wm. Smith,and Radtke, Lauckner and Co) in 1888 to 1890. This piece, framed with plaque, has a current value of $30 to $40.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer, thank you!