Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have 37 vintage post cards dating back to 1909. some have

Customer Question

I have 37 vintage post cards dating back to 1909. some have writing on them, some have stamps. I have no idea what they might be worth. There are a few holiday cards and five or six valentines cards. These are all in excellent condition. how do I find out their value?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello

I can give you the a general idea of what vintage postcards are selling for, and where you can sell them if you like. Such as plain ones sell for ? fancy ones ? hand painted ones ?. If you can give me an idea of what yours are?

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
how would I know if they were hand painted?

Hello

You can see they look like little paintings. Those are pretty rare, and are not found often. Most are printed, with flowers, or scenes of where they are from.

Glenda

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
most of these are of women and couples. Some are embossed, raised printing. They are pretty funny actually pretty risque for the time period. Do you know of someone in my area that could look at these and give me an idea? I live in the suburbs of Chicago.

Hello

If some one looked at them for you, they will charge you to do so. They charge around $100.00 an hour with a minimum of 100.00 to start.

I can give you a general idea of what they sell for if you like. Then you can decide where you want to sell them. Most people sell them on Ebay. The Risque ones generally sell on the higher end.

Glenda