rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

Owen paintings and some other prints, nor much lol just go

Customer Question

Owen paintings and some other prints
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: nor much lol just go to estate sales and try to sell
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: like
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. I do one item/painting per question. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.
If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
here is the first print or lithograph thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry it is enclosed in this frame I don't want to break it I have more I need looked at also

This is a print of a painting of Emmet Kelly titled Tears done in 1987. Anytime you have words/printing (in this case, Tears) on the image, it is a print.The signature looks to be part of the print meaning that he did not sign each piece, but this image of his signature was on the negative when printing. A limited edition print would have a signature in pencil along with some number down in the Tears area, so this was a mass-produced piece. This print , framed, has a value of $30 to $40.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.