Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a Sheffield pocket watch that has been in the family

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** a Sheffield pocket watch that has been in the family for many years. In fact, I did not know I had it. It looks as though it was RARELY used. It appears to be 18 kt gold it is very heavy I have not opened it, nor tried to wind it. It has an amazing decorative design engraved on the back, it looks like a coat of arms. ( that's the look, but I don't think it is) the design is very elaborate. My father died at 88, 4 years ago, he had it, but again, it does not appear to have been used, maybe just kept in a jewelry box, without a felt bag, or in a box. etc..It also has the minute circle in it. I am not sure of the font that the numbers are in, but it is not in ***** ***** Numerals. What do you think?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My name is ***** ***** I just sent an email, within this block. It is about a Sheffield pocket watch. Did you receive it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Clock Repair Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not do my Paypal charge right. May I start over? Kitty
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. If you could please post photos of the face of the watch and any numbers or writing on the watch and case so I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike

Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your watch? Thanks Mike

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 8 months ago.