Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My question is Appraiser Rarewares. I have attached two

Customer Question

My question is for Antique Appraiser Rarewares. I have attached two Indian Nickels for your review. Do they have any value at all??
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

The 1937 Indian Head Nickel also called the Buffalo Nickel was made from 1913 to 1938. These coins have no silver in them (hence the name nickel). They are made of 75% copper and 25% nickel. On these, I need to know the mint mark because that changes the value and I am unable to see the mark on these. It is under the word FIVE CENTS. There will be either nothing there, a D or an S. Also, is the buffalo showing all four legs or three? (Three legged version with right front leg missing are more valuable). I will wait fro your note before I value these.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to get back to you tomorrow as the coins are at my moms place. Thanks for time. :)

Sure! This question will just stay open and I will get an email alert when you answer tomorrow.