Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a set of four chairs supposedly Louis XV but I am not

Customer Question

Hello,I have a set of four chairs supposedly Louis XV but I am not sure about this. My family has owned them since the 1940s. They are all identical and pretty much in the same condition.
What style are they? About how old could they be? Country of origin? Market value of each one?
Thank you
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the request here. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.

At your convenience, please send a clear, well-lit image of the underside of a chair and the corners where the leg joins the seat.

~Nora

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here you are. I hope they are ok. Please advise.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Nora,Sorry to disturb you. Any news on the chair?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Nora,
I sent the extra pictures you requested a couple of days ago. Were they helpful?I can take some new pics if those were not ok. Please let me know
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Nora,Is there any problem with this appraisal? I really need your answer asapThank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nora,I have this question on the chairs that you asked for more photos of the underside and the joining of the legs that I took and sent 3 or 4 days ago. Did you receive the images? I can sed them again.Thanks