Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a painting that we had appraised about 10 years ago,

Customer Question

I have a painting that we had appraised about 10 years ago, and would like to see what you can find on it Since then we learned that the artist had passed away. I have included pictures for you. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tim in Appraisals replied 9 months ago.

Good day my name is Tim

I am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.

I have the images you sent, but can not make out the name of the artist other than A. S????.

What do you know about the artist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry your having trouble seeing the signature it actually says w. smith found some examples of signature online just lost my information on painting from appraisal

I have tried to find a match for your artist W. Smith checking for any artist with the first initial W. and the last name Smith. The are quite a few. So far I can not find a match. Because of that it is unlikely the value of the painting has appreciated since the last appraisal.