Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a gorgeous American Indian warrior and horse

Customer Question

I have a gorgeous American Indian warrior and horse painting, signature is very hard to interpret, but I think is says "Davis" 80.
How do I find out if that's the right signature, and what my paint is worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size of the painting and can you please send a very clear, in-focus close-up of the signature along with a view of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 25x28 and there is nothing but raw canvas on the back.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,

I have not deciphered this signature for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora

Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Can you please post a photo of the back sidw of this. I am looking for hiw it is framed and how it is secured into the frame. Thank you this will help in my evaluation thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frame looks unsophisticated, double with the raw edges of the painting visible

Hi, thank you. This was an oil done on bracer bars and dropped into the frame. Very little work to the framing. I am researching this artist now as I have not seen this name before however the painting is done very well. I believe it was to be a young Sitting Bull holding a scalp and with the body over the horse. Thank you. I will post back my findings or opt out if unable to help.