Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a picture that my parents purchased at merrill Chase

Customer Question

I have a picture that my parents purchased at merrill Chase gallery probably 40-50 years ago. It appears to be a gypsy family, the young son is holding a sword and the father is concealing a little monkey in his coat ... it's numbered and looks to be signed by Picasso but I'm clueless as to any value
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a print of some kind numbered 200 of 300
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The print itself is 18 x 22, it's matted and framed, purchased over 40 years ago at Merrill Chase Gallery in Chicago

Hello

Can you send a close up clear picture of the signature and whatever else is written on this?

Glenda

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is all that's written on it.....

what is written on the left bottom?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not happy with the lack of response and would like my $63 dollars refunded pleaseLee Lanktree