Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Appraiser
Experience:  Quality Appraisals
23511658

I have an Ehru with inlaid mother of pearl. Value?

Customer Question

Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Your question is in the Appraisals category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Do you have a picture that you could attach here?

I have seen Nehru shirts with mother of pearl buttons for around $30 to $40. But if there is something unusual about yours, it could be worth more.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here we go

I see. That is totally different from what I was thinking. Do you have a picture of the entire item?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here we are

This actually looks more like a Yuegin Moon Guitar, but they have four strings and are shorter. An Erhu would be snake skin covered, and a Banhu would have a coconut shell body. But this doesn't really fit into either of those. Here is an example of a Moon Guitar, which shares all the characteristics of what you have, except that it is four strings.