Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have two large signed and numbered prints by a Chinese

Customer Question

I have two large signed and numbered prints by a Chinese artist named I-Chao Chu. Information on the back of the frame says he was in a private collection of President Gerald Ford in 1975. He won many awards, but I can't seem to find him listed on any art site. Have you heard of the artist? Do you know what the prints might be worth?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I see you are still awaiting a response. Please provide the size of the images and send clear, in-focus close-ups of the surface so I can see the texture and a view of the backside (do not remove from frame).

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One print is 17 x 21, the other is 16 x 34. I'm attaching pictures of both, along with a picture of the info sheet on the back. I have letters of authenticity as well. The pictures are both framed and in excellent condition. I hope this gives you what you need. Let me know if you need anything else, and thank you very much for trying to locate information on this art. I've owned it for about 30 years having purchased it from the artist's son. -Ellen
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for your patience. Currently, signed framed prints by artist I-Chao Chu are being offered for $25 - $75 on today's market. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $200 each.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora