Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

DIANA, HERE IS SOME NATIVE AMERICAN JEWELRY I HAVE THAT I

Customer Question

DIANA,HERE IS SOME NATIVE AMERICAN JEWELRY I HAVE THAT I WOULD LIKE INFORMATION ON THE PIECES, THIS ARE VERY VINTAGE OR IM THINKING ANTIQUE DO TO WHERE I GORT THEM AND THE AGE, IM PRETTY SURE THESE ARE AUTHENTIC I JUST NOT SURE WHICH NATAVE AMERICAN TRIBE OR ARTISANS MADE THESE WONDERFUL PIECES, I WOULD LIKE SOME BACKGROUND ON THE PIECES AND A VALUE, I SENT THEM TO A PERSON WHO DEALS WITH THESE ITEMS AND HE WAS VERY QUICK TO OFFER ME MONEY, I TRUST YOU AND I KNOW YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE ME BACKGROUND WHICH THE OTHER PERSON WAS VERY HESITANT TO DO, THANKS
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Chris.

I did get all of them. I've been looking through them a bit. Are any of the pieces marked? Just by chance, have you had any tested to see if they're sterling?

,

~Diana

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Everything is sterling,
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Some marked sterling and some not

Great! Thanks for getting back with me. There aren't any markers marks or artist stamps on any of them are there?

.

The reason I ask, is because without those, identifying just where they come from will be almost impossible. Given the history of turquoise, they are most likely are Zuni or Navajo and I can try to narrow the styles down but for the most part without marks I'm afraid they will generally just fall under Southwestern. I know you were probably hoping for a bit more detail than that.