Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a doll that may have been my mother's (born 1931)..

Customer Question

I have a doll that may have been my mother's (born 1931).. Im not sure what the head is made out of (formed ceramic of some type or maybe a hard plastic) with eyes that open, close & open mouth, with four teeth showing. Back of neck stamped 2966 & below that 2/0X/1 (I think it's a 1). The wig is coppery in color with two braided buns on each side of the head above the ears. The body appears to be a solid shoulders & hips jointed. Made out of a hollow substance lighter & different material than the head). when you turn the doll face down it "cries". Feet do not have much definition toes implied by indents. The outfit appears to be a German costume with black felt bodice with a white cotton blouse, short sleeves, gathered bottoms of sleeves with tiny bit of lace (lace at neckline of blouse). It has 4 small brass looking crimped back buttons. the skirt is faded orange color with similar color bric a brac sewn near bottom of dress and around neck line of square shaped bodice. Is that enough information to maybe identify where made thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora