rarewares
rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have an art-related question (obviously). My father owns a

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I have an art-related question (obviously). My father owns a Marty Bell painting entitled "Upper Chute" painted in 1991. I have seen her paintings going for anywhere from $5-20,000. It has an oak frame (really nice) and is in pristine condition. I can't seem to get anyone to even give me a ballpark on it. If you could at least point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. My email is [email protected] or if you like my cell is **. Thanks, ***** ***** help you can give me........Bryan
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will take photos of it on Sunday, that's the next time I will see my father and the picture. Your name is ***** *****? I would call you but unfortunately I'm not going to pay $18 more on top of the $38 I have already spent. So I will talk to you on Monday k?........😀😄
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

You can send images at your convenience. No rush - there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Nora , can you give me a text. Number or email address to send you all these pictures.... Thanks Bryan .....
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bryan,

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~OR~

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
K , I sent those pictures to you on Tuesday morning.... Could you please contact support and retrieve them.... I sent them to the email address you provided.... Thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bryan,

Did you receive a confirmation email from support that they received the images and will forward them to me?

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent them from my phone, so no... Can you just check with them and see ? Time is of the essence . I'm not sure why I can't just email or text them directly to you... This is becoming cumbersome!
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bryan,

If you did not receive a confirmation email, then the images did not arrive to admin.

You can text direct to me, however that is an additional services offer with a live phone call. I will send that now, though you do not have to accept.

You can also try the add files option to post the images directly to this discussion thread:

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Negative, I figured that's what you guys were up to! What number do I call to get my money back.. This is far too complicated for an opinion of value.... Please Nora just give me a number to call to get refund!
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

The customer service number is *****

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges, fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

~Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Whatever.... Like it would be so difficult to receive a text and then text me back with an answer. Instead you make it difficult so I'll "need" to pay the extra money to call you. It is no wonder you guys have so many complaints against you...
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bryan,

I agree, texting is not difficult, it is however an additional fee.

I will send your request to admin on your behalf, and I recommend you contact them from your end as well.

I will not be able to respond back after sending in your request.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's an additional fee because your a scam . $ 73 to have the ability to text you. Nora, you should really take a look at the complaints listed against the organization you contract with... I'm certainly not the only one with these issues... The lady ( who could barely speak English just told me she was going to send me an email with detailed instructions on how to send pictures to just answers . Instead I get just an email address and sentence thanking me for my business..... I mean.... Really?
Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

request sent

Expert:  Nora replied 10 months ago.

request sent again

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Request for what? They have confirmed they received all the pictures at support, are you now not doing the appraisal?
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.

Bryan,

You have a lithograph print by Marty Bell. "Upper Chute" is a reproduction of the original painting and in 1991 they created 900 of these with the same carved dark oak frame. Your pictures are not available to me, but this is a known art reproduction and I will add a picture of the piece here that I found in my art resource database. These commonly came with a Certificate of Authenticity on the back with details about it being a print from the original. These pieces are currently valued at $100 to $125.00 retail.

I do hope this answers the question for you about what your father's piece is worth. It is important for you to slick the stars after you have read my answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ummmm, this is not a lithograph you can see the paint. I am 100 percent sure of this as my father bought it from marti bell herself... Why don't you have access to the pictures, I have now sent them four times !

Bryan,

I use the site just like you do and I do not have access to the photos that you sent. You can resend them to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward them to me.

The lithograph was printed onto canvas and enhanced with paint to give the piece texture. This is a common procedure with reproduction prints. The original painting entitled Upper Chute is in the private collection of the family and there would only be one original. I am still happy to look at your photos to verify this for you if you are willing to send them one more time. Please also add pictures of the back of the painting if you don't mind. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok , I don't know who you are! I thought I was dealing with Nora, but I just got off the phone with my dad and I miss spoke. He purchased it from Marci's husband in 2003 shortly after her death.... When he was liquidating her private collection he paid 13,500 for the painting.... It is not a lithograph.... If you are right he committed fraud and we will be contacting an attorney! They said they sent you the pictures, her name is ***** ***** Bryan

That expert opted-out of the question which allows another expert to step in and answer.

I will wait to get the pictures. This way usually takes a bit longer because they forward them to me. I find that it takes a few hours to get pictures forwarded from the site. We will talk again once I have reviewed these.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What's your name? It would be nice to know who I'm dealing with.... I'm not sure why you would say it's a lithograph if by your own admission you hadn't even seen the pictures yet ? I mean that seems a bit silly doesn't it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
K it's been several hours now..... Do you have the pictures?

The pictures are not in my inbox yet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
K I know now that they have emailed the pictures to you. I spoke with a supervisor late yesterday afternoon and he personally emailed you the pictures. Also my dad produced his receipt for the painting ..... It most certainly is the original painting and being as my father and his late wife were on a first name basis with both marti and Steve ( her husband) I can't imagine he knowingly committed fraud. Please get back with me asap as this is very important and I have now been dealing with this for almost two weeks... Btw I still don't know your name....... Bryan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well are you going to respond or not? I really am at the point of just asking for my money back. I have never encountered anything like this before! It has been two weeks tomorrow since I paid the fee to use this company and I still don't have an answer, I mean this should of taken no more than two days ( at most). I don't know how they stay in business like this. As I mentioned to Nora, I understand why there are so many complaints listed against justanswer . If you don't get back with me here soon ( you could at least tell me you received the pictures and you're working on it) I'm just going to get my money back and go somewhere else for the appraisal. I guess it's true, "you pay for what you get"!!!! Would say goodbye but you never bothered to tell me your first name.......absolutely ridiculous......