Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My name is ***** ***** Bakke. Many years ago I found a print

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Bakke. Many years ago I found a print in my mother's basement. It is a Stern & Hacker print of a little girl leaning over baby brother. It is titled WAKE UP BRUVVER. There is a small water stain in the upper left corner. Mom should not have stored it in the basement of all places. I think it's still in the original frame. Can you tell me anything about it? When was it made, etc?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The print is 22 X 14. It takes place in a garden. The little boy is laying on his back an a white blanket. His is wearing a long white gown. The little girl is wearing a whiteish colored dress and tan shore. She has a short wavy haircut, probably from the 1920s. The bottom right corner has copy-Write STERN 7 HACKER CO.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appraisers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for requesting me. I'll be glad to try and help.

.

Do you have any pictures of that you can upload? If the print still has the signature of the artist, a close up of that would be great too.

.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.
.
Here's another way that works really well:
.
Go to http://www.imgur.com.
Click "Computer".
Double click the image you want to upload.
Click "Start Upload".
When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.
.
If those don't work you can email them.
.

Email the pictures to***@******.***

They have to be sent from the same email address that you used to sign up Answer (which is usually the email address you use to Log In). It has to be the same email address or JA won't recognize it and they'll just delete them.

.
Make sure you tell them that you've tried everything and that you're trying to get pictures to me (DianaF) in antiques and give them your screen (customer) name and your real name.

.
That should do it.

.
Thanks,

Diana