Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

My clock from Scotland hand painted face four seasons family

Customer Question

My clock from Scotland hand painted face four seasons family had a farm there
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 10 months ago.

Can you send a picture of this?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Trying to send pictures can I send to phone number

Hello

Yes but you will have to email them to yourself, then you will need to upload them to your computer from there you can upload here or email them.

Here are instructions.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, My name is***** am Jim McNulty's daughter. I have the images to send to you, if you could kindly send me your email address, or just email me first at ***@******.***
I would really appreciate it.Thank you, *****

.

.
.

.
.
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Glenda

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
http://imgur.com/a/Vo9QeI followed the instructions. Please let me know if this works for you.Thank you,
McNulty, Kalynne.

Hello

Thank you these are great. Does the clock have a name on it, it might be in the back on the works of the clock.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not sure, but I will look to see if I can find it as soon as I can.Thank you,
McNulty, Kalynne

Ok, thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not see a name, from what I can tell.McNulty, Kalynne.

Hello

Thank you.

One more question, can you tell me what the wood is?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Unfortunately, I personally do not know much about the clock but I can see if my father woukd have any helpful information.Thank you,
McNulty,Kalynne.

Ok, thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure what type of wood how can I identify the wood

Is the wood a dark such as mahogany? I could not tell for sure in the pictures. Oak has a lighter look with larger grain.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Back side dark front is not

Thank you,

It sounds to be like this is an Oak.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Four Seasons, Hand Painted Clock, origin Scotland has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $4***-**-****.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.

.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda