Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have the engrossed script of the Declaration of

Customer Question

I have the engrossed script of the Declaration of Independence. It says it's the only authentic restoration of our nations document
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

May I please see and image of the label or tag that states that this is "the only authentic restoration of our nations document".

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent a picture
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image.

Please allow me some time to write your assessment for you.

I will post it here when complete.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. You have a framed copy of the American Declaration of Independence that was reproduced by Theodore Ohman in 1942.

Here are links for you to matches and their highest sale prices:

This framed 1942 Ohman copy sold for $152.50:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/ohman-1942-lithograph-declaration-417035657

This one sold for $350:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/1942-print-declaration-independence-1735006260

And here is one that went for $249:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/framed-declaration-independence-ohman-1693563021

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If that is true that this is a copy of Ohman reproduction wouldn't it have his name engraved on the document somewhere
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Yes, his name is ***** ***** the tag on the back near the last paragraph. It reads "This faithful restoration of America's greatest document is the creation of Theodore W. Ohman of Memphis"....and then there are areas of loss to the label from paper mites....and it goes on to mention it is a "lithograph"..."reproduction". These were produced and sold in 1942.

Ohman's name would not be on the front or within the document framed on the front because it is a faithful copy of the Declaration of Independence, and Ohman was not part of its writing or signing in the 18th century, Ohman reproduced these as framed lithographs in 1942; hence the tag that mentions his name on the backside.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora