Appraiser JM
Appraiser JM, Accredited Appraiser
Experience:  Certified Appraiser, Appraiser's Association of America. USPAP qualified through 2015.
30223878

I have a imperial rug with a basketball player on it jersey

Customer Question

I have a imperial rug with a basketball player on it jersey says EUA number 16. The tag says 1/94 and a number 2627. Would love to send a pic.
Shane
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Appraiser JM replied 10 months ago.

Hi, can you upload a photo of the label?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
here is the pic of the label.shane

Thank you.

Alfombras is a Spanish company that custom-makes carpeting, area rugs, etc. for large institutions like hotels and casinos, and also sells stock area rugs.

They specialize in wool rugs, but this is actually an acrylic (man-made) rug. This rug was most likely made to commemorate the 2008 or 2012 final round matchup between Spain and the USA in the Olympics. It seems fairly generic, though, since there was no #16 and the USA is spelled in the Spanish EUA.

The resale value would not be significant, perhaps $50-$100.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Please let me know if I can help further with this item.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the rug was given to me 25 years ago by a gentleman that owns high scale rental property in New York city. the rug was given to him by the NBA star pictured on the front being Michael Jordan. He was told it was an original ( the first). I was hoping for some information as to why the number 16

I'm sorry, I'm unable to find any documentation to support that. I'll open to other appraisers. you don't have to do anything and won't be charged any more fees, but the other appraisers will be able to review and provide input.

Sincerely,
Jennifer