Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

Attn Diana F Please let me know the value of 4 miniature

Customer Question

Attn Diana F
Please let me know the value of 4 miniature paintings by artist, Danielle Courtot. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Diana F. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Dina.

.

Welcome back. I hope you're doing well.

.

I'll be glad to check on them for you. Can you tell me what size they are? Are they similar in style to the picture you posted of flowers?

.

Thanks,
Diana

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The painting is approx 3x5 . The other 3 are similar size, and style .still life , nicely framed .

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. I'll see what I can find on the artist. It looks like she's, more or less, an lesser-known type of artist. I'll see what records I can find of her work and sales. =)

~Diana

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is what I am looking for. If the paintings have any verifiable value. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Diana, any updates? Thanks.

Hi Dina.

I have some biography information on her, but it looks like the only sales (if any) have been in French galleries. She's been in a number of competitions and exhibitions and even had a few solo shows at galleries. I can't find any real records of sales here in the US so far. I did find one old listing from Ebay of all places about 2 years ago. They seller has it listed for less than $25 and it didn't sell. That doesn't necessarily mean her work won't sell. I would say that was more than likely due to the nature of ebay and the seller not really knowing what they have.

.

Unknown artists are tricky because there's not really a big source of records to pull up. You generally find little in terms of history and even less in terms of sale records. Add to that, that she's a foreign artist, and it gets even trickier.

.

They don't have any verifiable value, but I can value them if you'd like. It would be based on the size, subject, origin (being done by a French artist), age (which according the bio, they are more modern works of art), and compared to what similar lesser known artists sell for.

.

~Diana