Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a old baby doll that is marked E.T.N Co, N.Y. on the

Customer Question

I have a old baby doll that is marked E.T.N Co, N.Y. on the back of her neck. I found this information online but it list (below) other abbreviations for Elektra toy and Novelty Company but not E.T.N Co N.Y.
Is it possible that this doll is from Elektra? Her eyes are not sideways they look straight on but her hair is molded and she appears to be a composition style doll.
"Elektra Toy & Novelty Company dolls 1912-1920 - NYC, USA, made composition character dolls with a cloth body or all composition, most with painted eyes glancing to the side with molded painted hair. Many dolls resemble German bisque doll molds similar to K & R and Kestner, designed for Elektra by artist Ferdinand Pany. Doll marks Elektra T. NC NY., Elektra T. N. C. NY., ET & N Co. or E. T. & N Co, ETAN Co. N.Y."
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

At your convenience, please send a full view of the front of your doll. There is just one image attached here that I can see on my end of the markings on the back of neck.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to find out her age and what company made her? Are they still in business, ad what is her value.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for letting me know the information you are seeking on this doll. ~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora