Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs. Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I HAVE A SET OF 6 ANTIQUE CUPS AND SAUCERS WITH NO NAME ON

Customer Question

Customer: I HAVE A SET OF 6 ANTIQUE CUPS AND SAUCERS WITH NO NAME ON THEM. THEY ARE VERY LIGHT WEIGHT
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THEY FEEL LIKE LENOX, HAVE WHAT LOOKS LIKE HAND PAINTED GOLD TRIM.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appraisals Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE, WILL YOU NEED PICTURES?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DO YOU NEED PICTURES
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I just received your question., Pictures would be great. If you need help sending them let me know.

Glenda

Please Note: I do not do phone calls~ I will not request a phone call ! If you get that in an email do not click that, it is not from me! There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct honest appraisal. I will not ever request a phone call!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

Thank you for the pictures, are you wanting the current market value for these?

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW EVERTHING ABOUT THESE.
WHO MADE THEM?
WHERE WERE THEY MADE?
HOW OLD THEY ARE?
WHAT THEY ARE MADE OF?
ARE THEY HAND PAINTED?
IS THE GOLD REAL?
WHAT WOULD THEY BE WORTH?
THERE IS NO MARKINGS ON THEM!
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

There is no way to know who made these, where they were made or when they were made since they are not marked. There are thousands of porcelain cups and saucers you would have to go through to even began to try to match these with something, and then if you found them being sold by someone or in a book somewhere you could not know for sure that is what they are. Unless the company that made these has a book and you find them in that book you cannot know. There is no data base that has unmarked items listed by who made them.

I can give you an approximate date as to age, since I am familiar with unmarked porcelain. I can tell you the value and if the gold is real or not but that is all that can be determined by these unmarked items.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that all you have to offer?
That is why I came to you.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is very difficult to locate who made an item when there are no discerning marks on the item, there are thousands of pictures of porcelain in books and in data bases that would have to be gone through page by page to try to find a match for what you have.

As I said I can tell you about when these were produced from my 45 years experience in the antique business and I can tell you how they were produced and I can give you a value. Just not who made them.

GLenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked u a lot of questions.
You have not answered any of them.
I do not expect to be charged for your answers
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I have not answered anything yet! I am trying to let you know what I can answer. I have not given you any information so far. As I said I can give you all you want except who made these. I will also be happy to see if I can locate what you have in my porcelain books, I do not mind looking through them in order to see if I can find a match to yours or something similar that lets me know who made them. This is all we can do, and I am happy to help with as much as I possibly can. It is up to you though, we work for a portion of the value of a question so before I start researching I need to know this is acceptable to you and that at the end when I give what information I have, you will rate this so I am compensated. This is entirely up to you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This all sounds vague.
First off when I first contacted you the offer said $18.00.
How much is this going to cost me in the end?
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

I do not work for Just Answer I am an appraiser who comes to the site to answer questions customers post there. I am a user of the site just like you. I do not set prices I have nothing to do with what the site charges a customer. I only answer questions, and after the fact we are rated by the customer when we answer. With the rating we are then compensated a portion of what a customer has put up. I do not know about customers accounts, you have to contact customer service about charges, you do so by clicking the red flag at the top of your page .

Glenda